The cockade embossed, made with a stamp, presumably from tompak, covered with silvering. On the reverse side, two wide plates are soldered to attach to the fur hat. The plates are branded by the manufacturer - "Imme & Sohn, Berlin".
Size: 110 х 100 mm
The use of the "Death's Head" symbol as a military insignia began with the cavalry of the Prussian army under Frederick the Great. Friedrich formed the Hussar Regiment No. 5 (von Ruesch), it was a Hussar regiment commanded by Colonel von Ruesch. These Hussars wore a black uniform with the "Death's Head" emblem on the front of their mirlitons, and also wore it on the battlefield during the War of the Austrian Succession and in the Seven Years ' War.
In 1808, when the regiment was transformed into the regiment of Life Hussars No. 1 and No. 2, the "Dead Head" remained part of the uniform. During the Napoleonic Wars, when Friedrich Wilhelm, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel, was killed in battle, his troops changed the color of their uniforms to black or apple-green, with the inscription "Dead Head" on their shakos as a sign of mourning for their deceased commander (other sources claim that the "Black Brunswickers" were already like this when Friedrich Wilhelm of Brunswick lived, as a sign of revenge against the French). The "death's head" continued to be used in all the armed forces of Prussia and Brunswick until 1918, and some stormtroopers who led the last German offensives on the Western Front in 1918 used the "Death's Head" signs.