The bag is sewn from a soft green canvas material, the bag flap is fastened with two fabric straps that are threaded into galvanized iron buckles, two vertical loops are sewn on the back of the waist belt to carry the bag. Inside the bag is trimmed with a beige material resembling burlap, two braid ropes are sewn in the upper part.
the width of the back wall is 18.5 cm
the width of the side walls is 12 cm
the length of the lid is 17 cm
The weight of the bag without filling is 270 g.
The safety of the warehouse.
On January 31, 1941, with the entry into force of the order of the Commissar of Defense of the USSR No. 58, a grocery bag (a dry bag) was introduced into use, which came in one set with a lightweight backpack of 1941. The food bag was used for storing and carrying a pot, mug, spoon, bread or crackers, as well as food in the form of concentrates.
Packing of a grocery bag is carried out in the following order:
1) Bread (0.5 kg) or crackers (0.4 kg) in a pot; an inviolable supply of food (concentrates, salt, sugar and tea) - in a food bag.
2) The pot with the concave side down to the back wall of the bag, the lid to the left; the round pot with the bottom to the back wall of the bag.
3) A mug with a bag of food supplies attached to it next to the pot.
4) A spoon is placed on top of the pot and mug.
5) Tie the side walls of the bag tightly and fasten the bag lid with buckles
(For greater packing density and to eliminate noise from the contact of the pot, mugs and spoons, transfer them with dry soft objects.)
Note. A grocery bag can be used to place an additional supply of cartridges in it during the same packing.